Lesson 1 – What is Pre-diabetes?
Lesson 2-Lesson 2 – What’s going on in my body?
Lesson 3- How to stop pre-diabetes from turning into type 2 diabetes?
Lesson 4-Cooking and meal preparation techniques and recommendations
Lesson 5- Sleep & Stress management
Lesson 6-Smoking and Alcohol
Welcome back! In lesson 3 we discussed:
- How making little changes in your daily habits can make a big difference in the long run.
- How physical activity helps to stop the progression. You should try for 30 minutes at least 5 days out of the week.
- Setting realistic goals and getting support from friends and family members.
- Choosing more vegetables, fruits, and whole grains. Try replacing your whole milk, cheeses and fried foods with less fatty options.
- Paying attention to portion sizes.
- Making water should be your go-to beverage choice.
I’m so glad you chose to join us again. Do you find that you struggle with planning meals? Are you at the drive-thru almost every day? Are you struggling to make healthier meals for you and your family? If so, this lesson is just for you. You’ll get some tips to better help you make tasty and healthy meals for you and your family.