Lesson 1 – Blood Pressure? What’s That?
- 1.1 Introduction
- 1.2 Learning Objectives
- 1.3 Into the Vessels We Go -Part 1
- 1.4 Into the Vessels We Go-Part 2
- 1.5 Measuring Blood Pressure
- 1.6 Know Your Numbers! What is Normal Blood Pressure?
- 1.7 What Causes High Blood Pressure?
- 1.8 Summary
- 1.9 Recommended Reading & Videos
- 1.10 Homework
- 1.11 Sources
- Quiz 1
Lesson 2-What’s True and What’s Not?
Lesson 3-Understanding Your Medication
Lesson 4-Watch Out
Lesson 5-The Basics of a Heart-Healthy Diet
- 5.1 Introduction
- 5.2 Learning Objectives
- 5.3 What is A Healthy Eating Plan?
- 5.5 Fruits, Also Known as Nature’s Candy
- 5.6 Eat Your Vegetables
- 5.7 Great Grains
- 5.8 Keep It Lean
- 5.9 Nuts, Seeds and Dairy
- 5.10 The Facts on Fat and Sugar
- 5.11 Sodium and the Salt Shaker
- 5.11 Eat SMART
- 5.12 Summary
- 5.13 Recommended Readings and Videos
- 5.14 Homework
- Quiz 5
Lesson 6 – Lesson 6 – Meal Planning, Shopping & Cooking
Lesson 7-So You Want to Eat Out?
Lesson 8-Move Your Body
- 8.1 Introduction
- 8.2 Learning Objectives
- 8.3 Benefits of Physical Activity
- 8.4 Recommendations for Getting Active
- 8.5 How to Get Started
- 8.6 How to Keep Going (Staying Motivated)
- 8.7 Are You Ready to Get Active?
- 8.8 Move SMART
- 8.9 Summary
- 8.10 Recommended Reading and Videos
- 8.11 Homework
- 8.12 Sources
- Quiz 8
Lesson 9-Supplements! Are they Help or Hype?
Lesson 10-Sleep and Stress Management
Lesson 11-Rethinking Your Drink and Quit Smoking
Lesson 12-Support Can Make A Big Difference
In the previous lesson, we learned that
- A heart-healthy diet consists of a variety of fruits and vegetables, whole grains, low-fat or fat-free dairy, lean meats, fish, and poultry nuts, seeds, and beans, and healthy fats. While limiting saturated and trans-fat, sodium, red meats, sweets, and sugar-sweetened beverages.
Were you able to apply what you learned in lesson 5? We would love to hear how things are going for you! Send us a message or share a post on LLBJ’s social media sites Instagram or Facebook. Did you make a healthy meal that you are proud of? Share it in your story on Instagram or write a post on Facebook and tag us. We want to celebrate with you and continue to help you along the way!
It takes effort to eat healthy, but you can make it easy! How? By planning your meals ahead of time. In this lesson, you will learn some tips for meal planning, shopping, and cooking.