Lesson 1 – Blood Pressure? What’s That?
- 1.1 Introduction
- 1.2 Learning Objectives
- 1.3 Into the Vessels We Go -Part 1
- 1.4 Into the Vessels We Go-Part 2
- 1.5 Measuring Blood Pressure
- 1.6 Know Your Numbers! What is Normal Blood Pressure?
- 1.7 What Causes High Blood Pressure?
- 1.8 Summary
- 1.9 Recommended Reading & Videos
- 1.10 Homework
- 1.11 Sources
- Quiz 1
Lesson 2-What’s True and What’s Not?
Lesson 3-Understanding Your Medication
Lesson 4-Watch Out
Lesson 5-The Basics of a Heart-Healthy Diet
- 5.1 Introduction
- 5.2 Learning Objectives
- 5.3 What is A Healthy Eating Plan?
- 5.5 Fruits, Also Known as Nature’s Candy
- 5.6 Eat Your Vegetables
- 5.7 Great Grains
- 5.8 Keep It Lean
- 5.9 Nuts, Seeds and Dairy
- 5.10 The Facts on Fat and Sugar
- 5.11 Sodium and the Salt Shaker
- 5.11 Eat SMART
- 5.12 Summary
- 5.13 Recommended Readings and Videos
- 5.14 Homework
- Quiz 5
Lesson 6 – Lesson 6 – Meal Planning, Shopping & Cooking
Lesson 7-So You Want to Eat Out?
Lesson 8-Move Your Body
- 8.1 Introduction
- 8.2 Learning Objectives
- 8.3 Benefits of Physical Activity
- 8.4 Recommendations for Getting Active
- 8.5 How to Get Started
- 8.6 How to Keep Going (Staying Motivated)
- 8.7 Are You Ready to Get Active?
- 8.8 Move SMART
- 8.9 Summary
- 8.10 Recommended Reading and Videos
- 8.11 Homework
- 8.12 Sources
- Quiz 8
Lesson 9-Supplements! Are they Help or Hype?
Lesson 10-Sleep and Stress Management
Lesson 11-Rethinking Your Drink and Quit Smoking
Lesson 12-Support Can Make A Big Difference
In lesson two we learned that
- High blood pressure is preventable even if it runs in your family
- Because high blood pressure doesn’t have any obvious symptoms, you must check it regularly
- Reading the nutrition facts label on foods is important in reducing the amount of sodium in your diet.
- Lifestyle changes must be made
- Sometimes taking medication is necessary. Lastly, you should never stop taking your medication unless directed by a doctor
If you or a loved one has been diagnosed with high blood pressure by a doctor, medication may be part of the treatment plan along with lifestyle changes. In this lesson, you will learn about the different types of medication for high blood pressure. I will also share tips to remember to take medications.