I am excited that you have decided to learn about this topic because you have taken a start to have a healthy heart!
Many people have high blood pressure and don’t know what to do about it. Did you know that you can prevent high blood pressure? Did you know that you can lower your blood pressure if it is too high? My interest in this topic began when I had to do research on the most common disease in my family. I learned that even though high blood pressure is preventable, it is one of the most common risk factors for heart disease.
This course was designed to inspire you to take charge of your health and protect your heart. It is my hope that this course will have a positive impact on your health and well-being. I also hope that you will find it fun and relatable!
Nutrition and Wellness Health Professional
Disclaimer: The information provided in this module is not intended to diagnose or treat disease; neither is it intended to replace the advice of your primary care provider (PCP) or your health-care team. Please consult your PCP and health care team.
Lesson 1 – Blood Pressure? What’s That?
- 1.1 Introduction
- 1.2 Learning Objectives
- 1.3 Into the Vessels We Go -Part 1
- 1.4 Into the Vessels We Go-Part 2
- 1.5 Measuring Blood Pressure
- 1.6 Know Your Numbers! What is Normal Blood Pressure?
- 1.7 What Causes High Blood Pressure?
- 1.8 Summary
- 1.9 Recommended Reading & Videos
- 1.10 Homework
- 1.11 Sources
- Quiz 1
Lesson 2-What’s True and What’s Not?
Lesson 3-Understanding Your Medication
Lesson 4-Watch Out
Lesson 5-The Basics of a Heart-Healthy Diet
- 5.1 Introduction
- 5.2 Learning Objectives
- 5.3 What is A Healthy Eating Plan?
- 5.5 Fruits, Also Known as Nature’s Candy
- 5.6 Eat Your Vegetables
- 5.7 Great Grains
- 5.8 Keep It Lean
- 5.9 Nuts, Seeds and Dairy
- 5.10 The Facts on Fat and Sugar
- 5.11 Sodium and the Salt Shaker
- 5.11 Eat SMART
- 5.12 Summary
- 5.13 Recommended Readings and Videos
- 5.14 Homework
- Quiz 5
Lesson 6 – Lesson 6 – Meal Planning, Shopping & Cooking
Lesson 7-So You Want to Eat Out?
Lesson 8-Move Your Body
- 8.1 Introduction
- 8.2 Learning Objectives
- 8.3 Benefits of Physical Activity
- 8.4 Recommendations for Getting Active
- 8.5 How to Get Started
- 8.6 How to Keep Going (Staying Motivated)
- 8.7 Are You Ready to Get Active?
- 8.8 Move SMART
- 8.9 Summary
- 8.10 Recommended Reading and Videos
- 8.11 Homework
- 8.12 Sources
- Quiz 8
Lesson 9-Supplements! Are they Help or Hype?
Lesson 10-Sleep and Stress Management
Lesson 11-Rethinking Your Drink and Quit Smoking
Lesson 12-Support Can Make A Big Difference
0.00 average based on 0 ratings