Lesson 1-Getting Started
- 1.1 Introduction
- 1.2 Learning Objectives
- 1.3 Reasons Kids and Teens May Gain Weight
- 1.4 Tracking and Monitoring Your Child/Teen’s Weight
- 1.5 Why is Your Child’s Weight Gain Such a Big Deal?
- 1.6 Having a Conversation with Your Child/Teen’s Healthcare Provider
- 1.7 Summary
- 1.8 Recommended Reading & Resources
Lesson 2-Creating a Family-Centered Plan
Lesson 3-What Should My Child/Teen Eat?
Lesson 4-Family Meal Planning and Grocery Shopping
Lesson 5-In the Kitchen
- 5.1 Introduction
- 5.2 Learning Objectives
- 5.3 Benefits of Teaching Children and Teens to Cook
- 5.4 Culture and Family Traditions
- 5.5 Before You Begin Cooking-Getting Organized (Mise-En-Place)
- 5.6 Cooking Skills According to Age
- 5.7 Knife Skills & Cooking Techniques
- 5.8 Healthy Cooking Tips
- 5.9 Summary
- 5.10 Recommended Reading & Resources
- 5.11 You’ve Got Homework!
Lesson 6-Get Moving
Lesson 7- Mind Body
End of Course
In this lesson we talked about:
- How important it is to include your entire family in the lifestyle changes you are planning to make. The more involved they are the more likely it is that they will go along with the changes.
- Starting slow if you and your family are not the type to sit and have discussions.
- Be patient with the process.
Meal Planning Basics. (n.d.). Retrieved August 5, 2018, from Super Healthy Kids website, https://www.superhealthykids.com/meal-planning-basics/
Local Farmer’s Market Directory. (n.d.). Retrieved August 13, 2018, from US Department of Agriculture website, https://www.ams.usda.gov/local-food-directories/farmersmarkets